Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lucky Fortune?

I love Chinese food. Especially Chinese buffets where I can sample many different flavors. Yesterday my kids took me out to an early Father's Day dinner at a buffet here in town. As usual I ate too much and was hungry again two hours later. The bill came and along with with it four fortune cookies. I like fortune cookies, some are better than others, these were ok. We always have fun reading our fortunes and having a good laugh. Sometimes they are pretty wacky and for the most part always positive in some way or another. I don't remember who had which fortune but here they are:

You will have many important meetings, visits, and chance encounters.
We must not become complacent over any success.
You're transforming yourself into someone who is certain to succeed.
Love yourself first and everything falls into line.


After reading the last one my first thought was, "Isn't this what got us into this economic mess in the first place?" This is the problem with society today, it is all about self. I find this very sad. Used to be a time when people cared about one another. Too bad for us, that time is in the past.

Photo credit: www.buzzle.com

No comments: