Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Almost There. . .

My wife and I decided to educate our children at home for a variety of reasons. It is a decision we have not regretted. I remember when we first started and feeling of being overwhelmed with such a great and important task. While there are times of struggle and difficulty this journey as been rewarding and enriching.

My wonderful wife takes on the brunt of the teaching and I cover the subject of Science. It is a subject I enjoy personally. This year has had some ups and downs. There have been desert periods where it seems we have been going nowhere fast but at last the school year is drawing to a close. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. And we are beginning to look forward to next year when our oldest will be entering Third Grade and our youngest will be starting Kindergarten. This past year has been fun and is finally drawing to a close.

The learning will not stop when the last book closes in about two weeks. We are planning on taking a few day trips which be mainly "Family Fun Days" but will include educational information as well. I look forward to the summer break and wait with anticipation for what the new Fall term brings. It has been a good year.

No comments: