Sunday, May 31, 2009

An Awesome Day

Today I had the great honor of baptizing my oldest daughter. She has been a follower of Christ for about 4 years now, but today she fulfilled the command to be baptized. She is becoming quite the young lady and I look forward to seeing how God uses her in the future.

There are certain days in the life of a father/daughter relationship that are truly special. The day of birth is one of these special days. As is the day a father gives away his little girl in marriage. I have told my daughter she will have to wait 64 years for this one, since she has to be 72 years old. But, in the life of a Christian father there is another special day - the day a child is baptized into Christ.

Following is a short video of this wonderful event. I could not help getting choked up.


3 comments:

E said...

Yes, today was an AWESOME day!

Anonymous said...

Born once, die twice.
Born twice, die once.

Awesome.

Grandma

Holly Shockey Lindsey said...

that is awesome Jeff!!!