Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Computer Problems...

While working at my computer today I heard a loud noise emanating from within my computer's case. After clearing several books, pieces of paper, coin jar, tape recorder and what ever else was piled on and around my CPU I was able to open the computer's case. The sound was definitely coming from a fan. I quickly surmised it was the video card's fan. It would appear the bearing was giving out. A quick log on to my favorite computer parts supplier, newegg.com, yielded the purchase of a brand new video card. It should be here Friday, until then my computer will sound like a Cessna at take-off.

Of course this could not possibly be the end of my problems. Oh no, my printer had to decide to give me grief as well. How do you spell PAPER JAM? Oh, I guess I just did. More papers, books, coffee mug, pictures among other things were quickly moved so I could pull out the printer and access the rear panel in order to remove the stuck paper. I swear I pulled gently, but the paper tore anyway. With a little bit of work the paper was freed and the printer was back in action.

So I am out 40 bucks on the new vid card and consider myself lucky I am not buying a new printer as well. Now I just have to clean up the mess left behind from the mess I relocated from my desk. It might be a few days...

No comments: