Monday, August 24, 2009

What To Wear?

Being of the male persuasion, it has always been easy for me to get "ready" for the day. Wake up, shave, shower, find something to cover the bottom half of my body, and find something that covers the top half of my body. Pretty simple, it does not even have to match. Living with three females has taught me that the fairer of the sexes does not have it quite so easy. There seems to be so much more involved and I just do not have the capability to understand it all. Things have to match, it has to look right (whatever that means) and it has to feel right. There also is too many choices for them to have to make. "Do I wear a dress? Or maybe a skirt and blouse. May I should wear slacks and a sweater. Maybe jeans and a t-shirt." And it goes on and on it seems.

All of this brings me to share with you a little conversation that took place between my wife and our two daughters. This happened the other day while traveling over to my parents house.

My wonderful, beautiful, and loving wife asking our youngest daughter, "What do you prefer to wear, pants of dresses?"

"Dresses!" exclaimed the youngest.

"And what about you?" asked my wonderful, beautiful and loving wife to our oldest daughter. "Do you prefer pants or dresses?".

"Pajamas!" came the immediate reply from the backseat.

So maybe it is not as difficult as I thought. At least not for my eight year old.

1 comment:

E said...

I got a good chuckle out of that, Darling. And you did a good job capturing the moment. :-) Our 8-year old is definitely a daughter after my own heart!